So It's Official
Jamie, Maddie, and I were talking the other day about the journey we've taken to create our Workplace Genome. Jamie was recalling one of the first conversations we had about it at as if it were back in 1982. In fact, it was just a year ago.
We're really proud of what we've built. Partially because it is the culmination of a lot of hard work, intense research, crazy experiences, and a beautifully messy creative process. But mostly because it embodies something we're each passionate about...to the core: Building strong cultures.
Aligning what's truly valued in your workplace with what ultimately drives your success is important work.
It's meaningful work. And it can be really powerful. It's not easy, but it doesn't have to be hard. And we think the Workplace Genome - the culture assessment tool and the discovery process that comes with it - is a kickass place to start. Since offering the Workplace Genome for the first time in January, we've:
- Worked with organizations as small as 26 employees and as large as 2,500. We've assessed cultures in the Trucking and Logistics industry, in the Hi-Tech industry, for public utiltities, for large Associations, and in professional services firms.
- Mapped over 250,000 culture markers for organizations - markers that help those organizations gather actionable intellegence around what it's really like to work there.
- Uncovered pretty convicing evidence that there is a strong correlation between aligned cultures, lower unwanted turnover, and higher Net Employee Promoter Scores.
- Helped companies put their Workplace Genomes to use in crafting authentic employer brands, in discovering cultural nuances of two legacy businesses to be combined as one through a merger, and in drafting a culture transformation blueprint for a CEO who is knee deep in a turnaround.
- Explored the power of cultural alignment on stage at conferences, in sessions with professional and trade groups, on webinars, through podcasts, and during our monthly #CultureChat in the Twittersphere.
We made it all official yesterday with a press release to the masses. Consider that box checked. An important box no doubt. But this is just the beginning...that we promise. And we hope you'll stay close, spread the word, and chime in here and there. In the meantime, thanks for joining us as we all Upgrade Work!